Sunday 21 July 2013

Lee Garbett - Look, Kirby!

The 10 Seconders has made a triumphant return to the Prog with Godsend, a cracking story by Rob Williams with beautiful art by Edmund Bagwell. Edmund has a real skill for channeling comic legend Jack Kirby in his work, something which was not lost on cover artist Lee Garbett. He said "All the pencils were done with a Kirby-esque sci-fi in mind." This is a really powerful image, I'm sure Kirby would be very, very proud!

Lee inks and colours his work on a Cintiq and didn't have these to hand, however he was kind enough to dig out these awesome pencils, brilliant!

The deities millennial game of astral basketball was about to begin...

"I like to play with things a while, before annihilation..."

Hey, handball!
  
"Ouch! Ouch! Hot! Hot!"

And here's how the prog looked on your shelves, very eye catching indeed!

Stormbreaker

While I'm on with Lee, I couldn't resist showing his brilliant, brilliant, brilliant cover for Megazine 336. So dynamic, so clever, I love it!

Faster than a speeding missile...

Massive thanks to Lee for sending the images. He was really up against it with multiple deadlines but took time out to dig out the images, I'm sure you'll join me in thanking him. Please check out his excellent blog here!

No comments:

Post a Comment